Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Well, I wonder how long this self-indulgence is going to last? Why am I doing this? No, not rhetorical questions, but rather an attempt to get closer to the veritas so I can understand the quid est. Pilate's question to himself, man that he was, forced to make unenviable choices.
Here, perhaps, is one place where I can see my own choices develop and where I can weigh out the options that shape those choices. Here is a personal record of the things I will forget, me with memory like swiss cheese. Here are snapshots in words of people I know and people I am close to and people I wish never to forget. Here I practice what I preach and begin writing again. To be honest, I never really started, but while I am inspired now thanks to the faithful bloggers I visit now and then, if I don't start now I never will.
Hasif, Ying Mei, Sarah, Ming Yan, 'nette, Farisa, Gideon, Adam and a bunch of others, thank you for opening up an opportunity for my own self-indulgent ramblings and to be as honest to myself as you have been to yourselves. I don't like mirrors much but it is important to reflect on yourself occasionally. Textual reflection is more demanding in a way, but I think less painful, more cathartic.
Thanks for still reading. I had to clarify for myself the why. I hope I'm not this boring in my subsequent posts, and more insights will follow from behind the glass security doors where my desk is in the Staff Work Room.

No comments: