Thursday, July 08, 2004

The people who live in Woodlands are so lucky to have Causeway Point, particularly if it's within walking distance from their front doors. There's so much variety of things to look at and lots of space to just walk through. June came home raving over the fish & chips from the food court last week, the night she went to watch the Moscow Circus without me (apparently I didn't miss much, she says). Taking advantage of a relatively free evening, I accompanied her tonight for a rather generous helping of fish & chips each for dinner. I must say the Australian style of breaded fish is a tasty alternative to the British battered style, which is unhealthily filling. The chips are ordinary French fried potatoes, plenty enough in quantity to be highly satisfying. They gave ketchup, tartar sauce and a slice of lemon for each dish, but I felt that something was missing -- yup, a dash of vinegar just for a little extra kick. We also ordered a side of NZ mussels, served battered and they were very fresh. Yummy. June remarked that if we lived in the area, we'd walk over every night for dinner. Then we'd get really fat from being spoiled for choice over the many interesting food varieties around the place. Now, that struck a chord. Before I left the house, I grabbed my old belt -- the one I wore during York U days -- and to my horror, when I put it around my waist, the end of the belt couldn't even touch the buckle. In the last 12 years I have gained at least 10kg. Back then I was working out quite regularly but I could never gain the weight I wanted to bulk up properly. Now I'm at the weight I wanted, but the shape just isn't there any longer. It's not to say that we never get what we want, it's just that more often than not, we don't get everything we want at the time we want it. Crap!

Whoa! Totally stream of consciousness entry. No paragraphs, not counting this one. Never said I'd set a good example every time, did I?

No comments: