Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Look what came in my mail today:

1 Bill from VISA showing a credit balance of $1.25, which means I overpaid my previous bill by this amount (this is a good thing).

1 Statement from HDB informing me how my monthly home payments are doing. I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Between June and me, our monthly loan repayment total should have put a healthy dent on our loan amount, yet on the final tally we've only repaid a little more than $4k over the last year. I looked again and came to the horrid realisation that my monthly contribution just barely covers the interest on our loan and it's June's contribution that's actually paying off our principal sum. Ouuuuuccccchhhh...!

1 copy of my Purchase Agreement with Mazda reminding me of yet another major monthly expense which in turn reminds me why I need a monthly paycheck for a long, long time yet to come.

O.o

Once in a while we need a reality check. 'nuff said.

No comments: