Tuesday, April 05, 2005

This week is getting dramatic. I just had my first traffic accident way early in the morning. At the T-junction of Yishun Avenue 1 and Avenue 4 my instinct was to follow the rules of traffic signals instead of common sense. On 'amber' I stepped on the brakes (a bit hard, mind you), but the truck driver behind me thought I was going to clear the 'amber' and continued his forward trajectory hoping to clear it with me. The inevitable happened and now the M2 has a big, beautiful dent on his backside. Fortunately, that's all that happened.

Now I get to investigate accident reporting procedures, as well as the process of going through insurance claims and the machinations of the car workshop. First person to call (I hope he'll be awake) will be Chew to get his advice on what to do next. I'm sure I'll be getting lots of advice from Anthony & Co too.

I'm not sure what to make of this event. On 'amber' do I stop or go? I guess that if there's still speed to bleed off by the time you reach the lights, it's better to continue because it isn't 'red' yet. Also, it's good to check the rear-view mirror and not assume the guy behind you is just as law-abiding. >___<

doh.

No comments: