Thursday, November 24, 2005

I could stand it no longer. Too long have I been deprived of a good video game. So I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Radeon x700 Pro to replace my useless 9800. For good measure, I also picked up "NFS: Most Wanted" and spent the afternoon driving recklessly at ridiculously high speeds, inviting the traffic cops to catch me if they could. In the early stages of the game, the cops are quite hopeless, and I have to slow down, stop and wait a bit before they can catch up then the chase is on again! What fun!

Couldn't progress far though. Went to pick up June after work then met Amy, Vince and TKS (CL Dept) bowling at Downtown East. The alley is quite a retro one, similar in design to the one at OCC.

3 games each, then Anthony, Wendy and Weng joined us. We all adjourned to Fisherman's Village for dinner. Nice place, I guess. Boardwalk dining by the beach which was nice, but the Cantopop didn't quite work with the atmosphere.

Sought dessert at Via Mare in Siglap. They have a decent bread-and-butter pudding and an ok brownie a la mode. But our main purpose was to play bridge. Think there're still a few finer points of the game I haven't quite appreciated yet, although I'm beginning to recognize I've made a mistake as soon as I play a wrong card. That's a start.

Oh, and before I forget, we've named the new kitten. His name is Kaiser. Bow before him or feel his wrath! Das ist alles!

No comments: