Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swollen and puffy

Fell sick again with a nasty allergic reaction to who knows what. Apart from the usual asthma-like inflammation in the lungs, the left side of my face swelled up, and I felt puffy and irritable throughout the night. Couldn't get much sleep as a result, maybe two hours at the most.

Swelling went down a bit in the morning, though still noticeable. Went to work in my glasses and probably scared the kids showing up for class like that. Got a prescription of anti-histamines and an anti-inflammatory to help me sleep better tonight, and hopefully I'll be in a better frame of mind to interact with the kids tomorrow.

Still curious about what might have been the allergen. Likely suspects: the Pacific clam surprise in my dinner, the Japanese strawberry ice-cream I had for dessert, or Maui. Stupid cat has a new game: ambush owner from the back, sinking his claws into the skin as he climbs his way up to perch on said owner's shoulder like a pirate's demented parakeet. Underneath my shirt, I look like a scratching post. And that boy's claws aren't exactly the most sanitary things on Earth either.

Avoiding all three things tonight...

No comments: