Sunday, October 10, 2010

Getting Steamed

Got my hands on Civ V. It was a total pain to install because the DRM relies on the player having a Steam account beforehand. That's not the problem because lots of other games have similar requirements. Steam, however, insists on updating itself upon installation... and hangs at downloading the update patch as it can't connect to the Steam server, for some reason.

After some searching over the 'net, I finally found this solution that worked for me: click here. Thanks, daveske!

Oh, make sure you first backup the file he suggests you edit -- just in case.

As for the game itself, er... I'm still messing around with the tutorials. Civ V looks like it has a lot of depth to come to grips with. Not quite ready to start a proper game, hopefully I be will soon.

No comments: