Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Double redundancy

Why have I been so tired lately? Silly me! Been running myself ragged doing classroom teaching in the morning and creating online content at night for the same students. The big problem was in feeling neglected, unloved and unappreciated when nobody seemed to be going into the online stuff I've been painstakingly putting together. (And before you ask, even though you are dying to access this massive library of GP-related material, it's hosted on a closed system so I couldn't invite you unless we share the same workplace).

Don't know why it took so long, but I've only just realized that effectively, I'm working two jobs, but only being paid for one. If I bring what I've put online to use in class the next day, the kids would have a reason to access the stuff the night before, wouldn't they? And I wouldn't have to prepare lessons using different material to use in class, although that's what I've been doing since term started. Duh! AND they would come to class better prepared, without feeling like fish out of water so much when I launch into realms of argumentative writing theory and ramble on till past lunchtime.

Have to credit Tami J Eggleston for this insight that should have been obvious, but passed me by completely. Comes from being brain dead from self-inflicted wounds.

No comments: