Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Make-up dinner with dog

Thanks to inclement weather, our plans for a morning meet-up with her doggy pals fell through. To make up, we took Tasha to Sun Ray Cafe (again) for dinner.

The menu looks quite different from before. They must be in the middle of re-stocking, or something, as some menu items were unavailable.  Anyway, instead of the lamb chops I settled for, I got a whole stewed lamb shank served with a side of Yorkshire pudding. The meat on the thing! Soft, tender muscle and tendon. See the bone opening? The knife was shaped just narrowly enough to probe all the way in and extract the marrowy goodness. It was all I could do to to stop myself from seizing the bone and gnawing the meat right off it. Not that anyone would mind my lack of decorum, but the sheltie who parked its forepaws on my lap and gazed longingly at me might have benefited from stuff I dropped if I was eating carelessly.

This is the wife's pork chop. A little on the dry side, served atop a bed of caramelized carrots and sweet potatoes. She liked it well enough, but because she doesn't eat fat, she left me the absolute best part of her dish.

And, no, this wasn't the sheltie.

No comments: