Monday, November 11, 2013

Walk this way

Look at my gaggle of ducklings, taking a long morning stroll through the park for a good cause. For each kilometer walked, NTUC will donate a corresponding kilogram of rice to the needy per participant. In this annual Walk-for-Rice event, our planned route was 8km long (my GPS tracker counted 9.7km to be exact), so my little flock should have amassed 288kg of rice in total at least.

Personally, I've been training for this event. My asthma's been making a comeback so I figured I'd better not be unprepared. For the past week or so, I've been walking 4km twice a day around the neighbourhood. The exercise has been doing me a world of good. Since I started, I've been able to breathe again. The trade-off: a couple of awesome blisters from all that walking. Worth it, I guess.

No comments: