Monday, January 10, 2005

Dropped in for rehearsal workshop at 126 Cairnhill this evening. It's been at least 2 years since I attended a workout like this, when once long ago it was routine. Don't get me wrong, it's not an exhausting, sweat soaked huffnpuffarama but a soothing, gentle series of exercises to realign the body with its spine. Some mild stretching, focused breathing, some rolling and curling and de-kinking of the vertebrae. Today the exercises were a little harder for me because the stomach is starting to get in the way of my usually lithe form. Ahem.

Initially, Mel and I went there to discuss a little 'bidness' with Tina. Mel was tired and left after our chat, but I stayed on 'cos it's hard to resist YT's workout sessions. Working out like this is stress-free for the muscles and joints. It is non-impact and instead of feeling tired at the end, it's more like a recharge. I'm sure if I did this regularly, I'd be fit again real soon. I hope my Monday evenings will be free this year so I can attend this workshop more often. It's open to all at no charge so if anyone's interested to go too, just ask for details.

No comments: