Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If I had a superpower, it would probably be a very limited ability to warp reality to suit my whims and fancies. But it's not a power I have any semblance of control over, though.

Just last Sunday while shopping with June, I had a sudden inexplicable craving for donuts. I must have had a mental flashback of the Krispy Kreme in HK, but since there was no outlet within walking distance from Causeway Point, I had to settle for a plain sugared donut from BreadTalk. It wasn't bad, but not quite what I had in mind.

It takes about 2 days for my reality-warping power to kick in. Awaiting me on my desk at work this morning was a huge box from the Donut Factory containing a chocolate glazed and a plain glazed just for me. It was a Department treat and a motivational boost from Cynth. Must thank her for bothering to line up for them, and for somehow guessing the one item that would perk me up the most. Thanks, Cynth!!!

Then later at dinner with my in-laws, May, who just returned from the US miraculously produced 2 more donuts from... the one, the only, Krispy Kreme! How amazing is that?

So here I sit, stuffed full with a grand total of 4 quality donuts in a single day, eyes glazing over from the sugar rush that's kicking in right about now. What a great superpower!

No comments: