Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Survived Monday, just barely. Reduced the long line of people waiting to kill me for missing their deadlines to just one. Sorry, NBS! Considering the hours I put into my entire weekend, with Amy providing assistance and advice in laying out the latest NY conneX print edition, I think I got quite a lot accomplished. All GP marking completed, Baggy's assignment completed, ish #3 printer's deadline met, lecture prepared and delivered (I felt like I knew what I was talking about in Monday's lecture, anyway)... I may have burned my weekend, but at least it was productive. Phew!

Even managed to find time for a late lunch at Friends with Vince and ZC (is that how you spell his name?). Friends has a set tea menu for us who arrive too late for lunch. A chicken or salmon sandwich with choice of hot beverage. On the menu the set reads quite prosaically, but when it actually arrived it was a jaw-dropper. Much bigger than expected: chunks of chicken inside a thick, folded-over flapjack-style pancake. And crispy fries. And lots of salad in balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Dunno why but I get a good impression when restaurants are generous with their salad servings.

No comments: